In today's article we will talk about a subject that still causes a lot of difficulties in Azure Information Protection: how to label and open a PDF file.
How to prevent sending attachments in Microsoft 365
How to use mailbox audit logs in Office 365
How to Backup and Restore Categories in Microsoft Outlook
Restricting the copying of business data to a USB device with Microsoft Intune
Convert synchronized users to users in the Azure AD cloud only
The first step is the activation of the UL, which has become mandatory. After that and the updated clients on the machines, let's go to practice:
To label a document with AIP:
- Select the document to be labeled:
- Right-click and then “Classify and Protect”
The label window will open. Bearing in mind that when applying encrypted labels (Confidential, Restricted, etc.) senders can define which access permissions will be granted to recipients, which can be internal or external recipients on your network (this depends a lot on how each company configured their labels). However, recipients cannot remove the encryption.
Opening a labeled PDF
There are 3 ways to open a labeled PDF:
- The first is by the AIP Reader. Right click on the document, then “Open as” and finally “Azure Information Protection Viewer”.
- The second is for Edge, and you should follow the same procedure above, but clicking on Microsoft Edge:
- The third option is for Adobe, however it is necessary to install a plugin, available at: https://helpx.adobe.com/br/acrobat/kb/mip-plugin-download.html
After installing this plugin, you will select the document, right click and choose “Open with”, then select Adobe Reader DC:
The following screen will appear:
Then a code will be sent to the email in question, just type it in the field above and the document will be opened.
PS: It is possible to set any of the 3 programs mentioned (AIP Viewer, Edge or Adobe) as the default for .pdf files, so you only need a double click on the file to open it.
Was this article helpful?
To maintain a quality standard for you, we have invested in a great hosting plan, Paid CDN, Website Optimization Plugins, etc ...
Help us to keep the project active!