Some of the benefits of having your Windows 10 devices on your Azure AD are that your users can join their computer to their Azure AD without any extra administrator privileges, assuming you have configured this on your Azure AD. They can also log in to the computer without having to connect to a specific company network for the first time, as long as they have an internet connection. You can also manage your Windows 10 devices wherever they are in the world.
Microsoft fixes bug that made Windows forget dates and perform excessive maintenance on SSDs
Creating users in Microsoft Azure (portal)
Migrating Azure AD Connect to a new server
Microsoft wants to make it harder to create and use local accounts on Windows
SMBleed: a new critical vulnerability affects the Windows SMB protocol
We'll start by showing you how to join an Azure AD when installing Windows 10 for the first time.
This guide is based on Windows 10 Pro, version 1709.
- Start the Windows 10 installation normally.
- Choice Set up for an organization.
- Enter your email address, on the next page you will enter your password.
- In this case, the administrator has decided that we need to use Windows Hello / Two-factor authentication, so we will set up a PIN that will be used to log on to the computer. Once this is done, we will finish the installation and access Windows using the PIN code.
- After logging in using our newly created PIN code, we can open the settings and make sure we’re connected to Azure AD.
If you want to join a computer that already has Windows 10 installed, see the steps below.
- Open it settings , go to Accounts and access to work or school and press To connect.
- Press Join this device to Azure Active Directory.
- Enter your email address and press Next, on the next screen you will have to enter your password.
- After completing the wizard, you must restart your computer. It should now work to log on with your company's credentials.
Things to consider
- The Azure administrator must accept that users can add their devices to Azure AD.
- The process for joining Azure AD may look different depending on your version of Windows 10.
- Make sure you have an Internet connection when connecting your computer to Azure AD.
Was this article helpful?
To maintain a quality standard for you, we have invested in a great hosting plan, Paid CDN, Website Optimization Plugins, etc ...
Help us to keep the project active!