Did you know that you can still upgrade previous versions of Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 Home or Pro to a fully functional version of Windows 10. The only thing you need is to ensure that your version of Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 is original and is and activated with Microsoft. Well, if you're still running Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 older, upgrade to Windows 10 for free following the steps below.
Windows 7 will no longer be supported by Microsoft. What to do?
Optimizing SSD Performance on Windows 10 PC
Learn more details about the Windows 10 20H2 update to be released this month
Microsoft Launches New Cortana Features for Business
How to resolve the frozen Windows 10 start menu
Windows 10 free update
First, write down your Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 product key. If not, you can pull your Windows product key using NirSoft's ProduKey, write it down and keep it safe because you may need it later.
The second thing we recommend is to back up your important files, in case something goes wrong.
Check Windows 10 system requirements
|Processor:||1 gigahertz (GHz) processor or faster or System on a Chip (SoC)|
|RAM:||1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit|
|Hard disk space:||16 GB for 32-bit OS 32 GB for 64-bit OS|
|Video card:||DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver|
|Exhibition:||800 × 600|
|Internet connection:||Internet connectivity is required to perform updates, download and take advantage of some features|
Update Windows 10 using the media creation tool
Now follow the steps below to get Windows 10 for free, if you are running an original copy of Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 Home or Pro:
- Access the site of download Windows 10.
- Under Create Windows 10 installation media, click the Download now tool.
- This will download the media creation tool, right-click and select Run as administrator.
- The Windows 10 configuration window opens with Preparing a few things.
- The terms and conditions screen will open, you must Accept to continue.
Then select the Update this PC now option.
- This will start downloading Windows 10 files from the Microsoft server. (This will depend on the speed of your Internet connection and the hardware infrastructure).
- This will prompt you to create Windows 10 media, then get updates, check your PC, we are preparing some things.
- Accept the license terms again.
- The setup will ask you to keep your files or start from scratch. Select your preferred option and click install.
Remember if: starting from scratch or keeping your files still means that all apps and settings will be deleted for the Windows 10 update.
Windows 10 will begin to be installed. This process may take a while and the computer will restart several times.
Once the update is complete, you should receive a digital license for Windows 10, which can be found at Settings> Update and security> Activation.
Was this article helpful?
To maintain a quality standard for you, we have invested in a great hosting plan, Paid CDN, Website Optimization Plugins, etc ...
Help us to keep the project active!